Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day Eighteen // currently: 30,186 words


Time for some more NaNo updates!

  • I am convinced that this is the worst first draft I have ever written in my life and if I do finish it and wish to maybe possibly get it published in the distant future I am basically going to have to rewrite the whole thing because right now, it's 60 pages of crap.
  • I started reading Jane Eyre the other day because why not add one more distraction to my life?
  • I am almost finally to the turning point of my story. I had planned a lot more to happen after this point, but I really want to finish by the 30th, so I might condense it down. 
  • My chapters are apparently longer than I usually write, as I am only on chapter six. And I have to make it at least to ten chapters before I consider it a novel.
  • I have been struggling to keep up, but I reached 25,000 with five minutes to spare and I wrote during my break today so I'm already on track for tonight. 
  • Dialogue is my favorite thing to write, but there is a lack of it in this story. I feel like my MC is just telling the readers everything and it is terrible. 
Basically, NaNo has been a real struggle so far. The only thing that will make it better is getting to 50K.

Only 19,814 more words to go!

How has NaNo been to you so far?

--Emily
currently listening to: Yellow Light by Of Monsters and Men

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it has been so tough! I'll bet having that draft done and the story hashed out will be really helpful when it comes time to edit though. I know for me, the more I write, even though most of it is complete junk, the more I learn about my story and get great ideas for what to do with it.

    I'm with you - just over 30,000 words and completely unhappy with the quality of each word. I am enjoying writing though, and it is fun to have a set deadline and goal. WE ARE ACCOMPLISHING SOMETHING HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should write a book about your mother. I HEARD she is a cool gal and a very interesting person.

    ReplyDelete