Friday, November 7, 2014

Day Seven // currently: 10,474 words



Some NaNo 2014 updates:







  • I managed to hit 10 K before midnight struck. 
  • Which means I'm staying on track, but just barely. I have not fallen behind yet, but I'm struggling to keep ahead. My muse is on vacation or something.
  • I realized that I had not planned out how I would write the first half of this novel. I had a lot of scenes and things in mind, but did not decide how I would tell them, what order I would tell them, what my MC would be doing in present tense as she went through her memories, etc.
  • But I'm working through that. Currently on Chapter 3, page 22.
  • I just started this chapter last night and I had no idea where I was going with it, but I like what it's turning in to.
  • I've been listening to more Taylor Swift than my NaNo playlist. More on that later.
  • The name of my MC has not been identified, as planned, and it does not seem to be forced or anything. 
  • Although I'm having a hard time trying to figure out a good spot to describe her appearance to the reader, since it's in 1st person and there are no random mirrors hanging around.
  • I had planned to focus a lot on her male friend, but instead the story is focusing a lot on her female friend

Some non-NaNo updates:
  • My foot literally got bruised from the shoes I wore the other day.
  • I finally watched V for Vendetta
  • After various trips to our Realtor, Walmart, and a disastrous encounter with a suction cup on a stick, Deacon and I finally have the three light bulbs that had gone out in our apartment replaced.
  • Yes, a suction cup on a stick. That's what they gave us to replace the floodlights.
  • Deacon makes amazing burritos. Like he could put Qdoba out of business.
  • I'm going to have a class next semester that goes from 6 PM to 9 PM and goodbye sanity.

And now, onward to the 39,526 words remaining but first sleep because it's 1:05 and priorities.
--Emily

1 comment:

  1. Great job Emily! Keep up the great work. I'm around the same word count as you. I think moving this fast with my writing as been indusive of finding my story moving in directions I wasn't exactly planning and has given room for my characters to grow in ways I wasn't expecting. It is certainly an exciting challenge!

    ReplyDelete