- I managed to hit 10 K before midnight struck.
- Which means I'm staying on track, but just barely. I have not fallen behind yet, but I'm struggling to keep ahead. My muse is on vacation or something.
- I realized that I had not planned out how I would write the first half of this novel. I had a lot of scenes and things in mind, but did not decide how I would tell them, what order I would tell them, what my MC would be doing in present tense as she went through her memories, etc.
- But I'm working through that. Currently on Chapter 3, page 22.
- I just started this chapter last night and I had no idea where I was going with it, but I like what it's turning in to.
- I've been listening to more Taylor Swift than my NaNo playlist. More on that later.
- The name of my MC has not been identified, as planned, and it does not seem to be forced or anything.
- Although I'm having a hard time trying to figure out a good spot to describe her appearance to the reader, since it's in 1st person and there are no random mirrors hanging around.
- I had planned to focus a lot on her male friend, but instead the story is focusing a lot on her female friend
Some non-NaNo updates:
- My foot literally got bruised from the shoes I wore the other day.
- I finally watched V for Vendetta.
- After various trips to our Realtor, Walmart, and a disastrous encounter with a suction cup on a stick, Deacon and I finally have the three light bulbs that had gone out in our apartment replaced.
- Yes, a suction cup on a stick. That's what they gave us to replace the floodlights.
- Deacon makes amazing burritos. Like he could put Qdoba out of business.
- I'm going to have a class next semester that goes from 6 PM to 9 PM and goodbye sanity.
And now, onward to the 39,526 words remaining but first sleep because it's 1:05 and priorities.