Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mid-February Updates


events:
my sister turned 26
i can only knock down 9 bowling pins. that last one hates me.
snow has come and it is my fault. It would be glorious but Rolla doesn't know the meaning of snow days.
The driver seat in my car is really, really broken.
Valentine's Day = good food all day long
Deacon's grandma Ginnie (who I suppose is now my grandma as well!) turned 78

thoughts:
1) WHAT LANGUAGE DID GOD SPEAK WHEN HE SPOKE EVERYTHING INTO EXISTENCE? It is some proto-language, from which all languages derive? Is it the same language Adam spoke? I need to know!
2) Switching from Jane Eyre to An Abundance of Katherines was probably a poor decision.
3) I want to name my future dog Pilot. This will probably change by the time I actually get a dog.
4) I've still been having dreams about the dog I had growing up, Venus. She died YEARS ago, about 2008 or 2009.
5) I'm more comfortable teaching than giving in-class presentations.
6) I read the word "method" last night and had no idea what was going on.
7) I always confuse the Danes/Norse with the Anglo-Saxons and I'm an English Major Fraud.
8) future reference: the darker the chocolate, the nastier is tastes.
9) WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT A NEW IMAGINE DRAGONS ALBUM ON SPOTIFY?


tv shows:
Gilmore Girls (halfway through season 7)
Ancient Aliens
House Hunters International
Criminal Minds (Deacon watches this, I just sit in on some episodes)

movies watched:
Black Swan
Her
The Imitation Game
Jane Eyre (2011 version)
Laggies
Dolphin Tale
The Judge

books:
still working through An Abundance of Katherines 
currently: page 86
verdict: I like it so far, but not as much as I thought I would.


How is your February going?

--Emily
currently listening to: Bloodstream by Ed Sheeran


2 comments:

  1. Abundance of Katherines sounds kinda sarcastic and funny. I'd love to hear more about it once you are finished. HAPPY FEBRUARY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like snow a lot. Besides being absolutely gorgeous, it sometimes means a break from school or just more time to sleep in before school. That turns out to be really awesome when I have a lot of homework the day before, and then decide to stay up to read after I finish my homework. Warning to self: staying up late without snow the next day does not make school fun.

    ReplyDelete