Friday, April 10, 2015

Mid(ish)-April Updates


I'm supposed to be writing a paper (that was originally due today but the deadline was extended until tomorrow), so naturally I'm blogging instead.

events:
--I changed the name and URL of my blog! I had been thinking about it for a long time, but then I just did it. So yay! We're now on Margins! At a URL with my name in it! I feel so...sophisticated.

--I went to Disney World! I still haven't blogged about it! (This seems to be a trend with my Florida trips...but I promise I'll blog about it at some point.)

--There was Easter! I went to the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis for the first time! There were koi fish and it was magical.


--Hair status: Jane from Return to Neverland


--Today I sat down and brainstormed a ton of ideas for future blog posts. So yay!

--currently writing an essay over conversion as a process of word formation. It's been a year since my last real English paper, so I'm super excited about it but it's about grammar so...also clawing my eyes out.

--This was the funniest thing I saw all week month. And it has been stuck in my head ever since.


--today is apparently National Sibling Day and so I wanted to say that I have the best sister and sister-in-law and basically all my bridesmaids



thoughts:
--could Peter Pan be an allegory about dying children? Neverland would be their version of heaven, that's why Peter never grows up...

--I want to finish my NaNo novel this summer. Yes. It will happen. But I need encouragement, so please hold me to this.

--my English class this semester focuses on grammar a lot, which has made me realize that I know nothing about English grammar even though I have a Bachelor's degree in English. Seriously, I smell of failure every time I leave that classroom.

tv shows:
still currently obsessed with Switched at Birth

Youtube channels I watch:
vlogbrothers, cinemasins, scishow, sex+ with laci green, braless with laci green, brizzly voices, Kristina Horner, Christina Grimmie


YOU GUYS I'M TURNING INTO A YOUTUBER PLEASE HELP.

movies:
How To Train Your Dragon 2 (rewatched this because it came on Netflix)
Insurgent
(not a lot of time for movies this month!)

books:
I finished (and wrote book reviews!) over Gone Girl and We Were Liars
I'm not sure audiobooks are my thing.
Currently (and very slowly) working my way through Paper Towns. It's going slow not because of the book, but because I get like 20 minutes to read it every three days.

~~~

How has your April been?

--Emily
currently listening to: House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an incredibly productive month! Good luck with your essay, I'm currently procrastinating writing a research proposal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a relief when I submitted it tonight. I hope your research proposal goes better than this essay did for me. =)

      Delete