Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Late-May Updates


events:
--The semester ended! I wrote SO MANY PAPERS and graded SO MANY PAPERS and had to write a letter of recommendation for the first time and I brought my students cookies on the day of their final and it was all kind of bittersweet. I also blogged about my teaching experience.


--We signed the lease for a new place, which is actually a three-bedroom house! I'm so excited for the extra space. Also excited that it is right across the street from the park. 

--AND WE CAN NOW GET A DOG YOU GUYS.

--My mom and sister bought me a BEAUTIFUL camera lens for my birthday, which I don't get to play with until I go to visit this weekend. The anticipation is killing me!

thoughts:
--EVOLUTION. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. And although I still believe in creationism, my views about evolution have changed. I know it's a bit of a taboo subject, but I think that's part of the problem. Science and Christianity do not cancel each other out. In many ways, they complement each other.

--I might participate in Camp NaNoWriMo this summer for the first time. =) Let me know if you are participating, too!

tv shows:
finished getting caught up on Switched at Birth. Can't wait until it starts back up.
Ancient Aliens
rewatching Legend of Korra books 3 and 4 with commentary
just started Downton Abbey (and love it)

movies:
Avengers: Age of Ultron (liked it)
The Boy Next Door (terrible)
Birdman (didn't finish it)
Legally Blonde (I hadn't watched this in FOREVER)
Ex Machina (liked it)

books:
finally finished Paper Towns
almost done with The Remains of the Day

-books bought given to me for my birthday-
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
The Martian by Andy Weir
Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise
Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search
Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Rift
~~~

How has YOUR May been?

--Emily

4 comments:

  1. I recently found your blog and love your unique voice and personal posts! And as for my May, it consisted of throwing a graduation party for myself (to see more, check out my blog), trying to catch up with a few things, and hanging off of cliffs with too many session finales. Downton Abbey is a interesting and pretty show! And Avengers... great!

    Hannah from Grace in Everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've TOTALLY got into Downton Abbey again this month. I've been watching it on and off for years, so I have most of the series on DVD now... It's sooo good to have something to binge watch!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had known it was so good I would have started watching it years ago! I HAVE MISSED OUT ON SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you--you're so sweet! Happy graduation!

    ReplyDelete