WHO EVEN READS THIS BLOG IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE?
1. A popular book/series you disliked.
2. A book/series you like but everyone ELSE hates.
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the wrong person, or an OTP you don’t like.
Okay, the only one I can think of where the character totally ended up with the wrong person is in the Avatar: The Last Airbender universe, which doesn't really apply here. Also Harry and Ginny, but I never really shipped Harry with anyone else. BUT there are a few couples that I shipped hard and it didn't quite turn out the way it was supposed to, so I'll talk about them, but I must split this into two sections.
First, books where my OTP finally did get together but the journey there was long and painful, and the time they finally had together was much too short:
Second, the books where two characters clearly belonged with each other but missed their chance or something stood in their way and they never actually ended up together:
4. A popular genre you don’t read much.
Fantasy. Paranormal. Sci-Fi. Historical Fiction. Comedy.
Apparently I only read contemporary and dystopian things.
5. A popular character you don’t like.
TO CLARIFY: It's not that I don't like Sirius, it's just that I don't have any type of feeling or connection towards him.
6. A popular author you can’t seem to get into.
Maggie Stiefvater. Gayle Forman. Nicholas Sparks.
7. A popular trope you’re tired of seeing.
Characters training for battle. Characters kept in the dark about everything for no reason at all.
I'm looking at you, Hunger Games.
8. A popular series you have no interest in reading.
9. The book is not always better than the movie.
I actually know a few movies that were so much like the book that that they were pretty much better (GONE GIRL. ATONEMENT. PRIDE AND PREJUDICE), but the one movie that surpassed the book outstandingly was Stardust.
currently listening to: Black Sun by Death Cab for Cutie