Monday, September 7, 2015

Series I've Yet to Finish


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

New to Margins? Let me sum up all my bookish rants for you: I HATE SERIES. I'm not even sure why! I was thinking the other day of all the series I've started and finished, and I think I've actually only completed two (Harry Potter & Twilight). I just never seem to like them, but I always want to be part of the fandom, so I usually read the first one to see how it is. Sometimes I read more, but very rarely do I get through all of them.

So this list was pretty easy for me to come up with. Prompt: Ten Finished Series That You've Yet To Finish.


Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan
WHERE I STOPPED: a few pages into book three, Titan's Curse
WHY I STOPPED: I'm actually going to finish this series--I promised my husband! I just needed a break.

Divergent series by Veronica Roth
WHERE I STOPPED: After book one, Divergent.
WHY I STOPPED: I didn't really like Tris and wasn't interested in the story.

The Giver series by Lois Lowry
WHERE I STOPPED: a few pages into book three, Messenger
WHY I STOPPED: Everything felt so removed from the first book that I just couldn't do it. The magic was gone.



The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares
WHERE I STOPPED: After book three, Girls in Pants
WHY I STOPPED: I remember being so bored and really struggling to finish book three, so I was done after that. I loved the first book, though.

The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater
WHERE I STOPPED: after book one, Shiver
WHY I STOPPED: I did not like the story.

The Ender Quintet by Orson Scott Card
WHERE I STOPPED: After book one, Ender's Game
WHY I STOPPED: I absolutely hated everything about it.



The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams
WHERE I STOPPED: After book one, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
WHY I STOPPED: I actually really enjoy this book, I just never got around to reading the sequels.

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series by Louise Rennison
WHERE I STOPPED: After book one, Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging
WHY I STOPPED: It seemed too juvenile to me.



The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
WHERE I STOPPED: After book one (publication), The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
WHY I STOPPED: I should have read these when I was younger. I can't really get into them now.

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
WHERE I STOPPED: Somewhere within book two, The Reptile Room
WHY I STOPPED: I loved the first book, but I really struggled with the second and lost interest.
~~~

So, tell me: Did I give up too early on any of these? Are there any that I MUST finish or give a second try? Also, tell me which series YOU haven't finished! And tell me if you love series, hate series, or like them occasionally.

--Emily