Thursday, June 30, 2016

Camp NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow and this is me panicking.

I've done NaNoWriMo four years in a row, but I've never done Camp NaNoWriMo before. I guess I didn't know too much about it, and I was kind of put off about being in a cabin.

But I need to finish my WIP. Desperately.



I've been working on this same story since NaNo 2014. It's time to hammer out Part 3 so I can stick it in editing and start on something fresh.

Speaking of fresh, I've got another story idea that has been eating at me, so I might bounce back and forth a little if I get stuck.

I'm keeping my word count at half the normal goal: 25,000. That's only like 800 words a day. If it takes me longer than that to finish this thing, then there will have to be some major cutting. It's already over 100,000 words.

I think I've decided to be randomly sorted into a cabin (although I found out that cabins are completely optional!). And funny story: my husband came up to me last weekend and this was basically our conversation:

Husband: So what is Camp NaNoWriMo? Where do you go? You're staying in a cabin?
Me: *giggles*
Husband: Why haven't you told me about this?
Me, after another round of giggles: It's a virtual camp. They're virtual cabins. 

ALSO. I have created a new Twitter account solely for all things NaNoWriMo. Follow me @emilynanos !

And see my past covers and ramblings about NaNoWriMo here.
~~~

Is anyone else out there doing Camp? What's your word goal? How did you choose your cabin? Have you ever done Camp before? DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE?

--Emily
currently listening to: Ode to Sleep by twenty one pilots