Friday, February 3, 2017

January Wrap-Up

2.1.17banner

events

- We had an ice storm. Campus actually shut down for an entire day. Do you know how rare that is? And then the next Monday was MLK day, so I got a 4-day weekend.


- My blog stats have magically shot up. This month, I started posting on a consistent schedule. I don't know how much that has led to the jump or if there's some other explanation, but it's more than doubled from what I typically see.



thoughts

- I've decided to go cruelty-free with all my cosmetics, skin care, hair care, etc. This was something that Deacon brought up a few months ago, and I decided to make the switch with my cosmetics. The further I got into it though, the more I wanted to just switch everything. I've been doing a lot of research into it and will post about it soon. (In the meantime, feel free to leave me any specific brand recommendations in the comments!)

Image result for zootopia gif


- I want to move to Wordpress. I'm pretty much sold on the idea. I want more control over my content, and I feel like my blog would reach more people on a different platform. I want to keep the content pretty much the same, I just want to have sole rights to it all and have control over what it all looks like and have my own domain name.

I'm really struggling with coming up with a name, though. I'm pretty certain I'll have to rename my blog completely, and none of my ideas are available domains. I've been thinking about it constantly for the past few weeks and haven't had any luck. (please send me suggestions)


- My NaNoWriMo draft might not entirely suck. I've been reading back through what went down in November and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I've actually been enjoying it quite a bit. So there might be hope.


rex report

IMG_8871

Rex had his surgery on the 11th. Everything went well and he already has his stitches out.


tv shows

The Legend of Korra (finished Book Three, started Book Four)
A Series of Unfortunate Events (watched Ep. 1 but did not like it)
One Tree Hill (finished Season 1, currently on Season 2)

Image result for korra flying gif


movies

The Minimalists (it was...meh)
The Force Awakens (rewatched - love it)
The Truman Show (liked it)

Image result for force awakens gif


books

Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway (liked it)
A Gathering of Shadows (really liked it)
Nimona (loved it)

    

currently reading: 

Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour

--Emily
currently listening to: Clean by Taylor Swift 

~~~
How was your January?