Tuesday, March 21, 2017

books that were short and wonderful.

Today's Top Ten Tuesday is all about short reads--books you read quickly, short books, etc. I've actually been working on a post for books that I finished very quickly, but they're not necessarily short (case in point: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell). So I'm going to save that post for another day. Today, I'm going to be focusing on great books that I've read that were under 200 pages.


Today I'm linking up with The Broke and the Bookish for a Top Ten Tuesday!

This week's theme: Read In One Sitting Theme
My topic: top 10 books under 200 pages


231813 17707592

The Pearl // John Steinbeck (90 pages)
(also good: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck; The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway)

A Thousand Mornings // Mary Oliver (96 pages)
(also good: Dog Songs by Mary Oliver)




164539 84981

Bridge to Terabithia // Katherine Paterson (163 pages)
(also good: The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman)

Tuck Everlasting // Natalie Babbitt (139 pages)
(also good: The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Anderson)




47281 170609

Number the Stars // Lois Lowry (137 pages)
(also good: Night by Elie Wiesel)

The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe // C. S. Lewis (189 pages)
(also good: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll)




14064 Image result for the lord of the flies cover

I Am Legend // Richard Matheson (161 pages)
(also good: The Time Machine by H. G. Wells)

Lord of the Flies // William Golding (190 pages)
(also good: The Call of the Wild by Jack London)




790375 15704307

Arsenic and Old Lace // Joseph Kesselring (104 pages)
(also good: The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde)

Saga, Vol. 1 // Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples (160 pages)
(also good: Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama)



--Emily
currently listening to: Barcelona by Ed Sheeran

~~~
My blog has recently moved from emilyseals.blogspot.com to mixedmargins.com
Follow me on Bloglovin' here.